9450 – 17 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta
Acquired in: 2018
29,450 total sq/ft
3.78 acres of land
Located just south of 23 Avenue and Parsons Road (99 Street) and just metres away from the incredibly popular South Edmonton Common, Canada’s largest retail power centre, is the ALS Building. Positioned prominently in the Edmonton Research Park, the ALS Building is situated on 3.78 acres of beautifully landscaped land with ample paved parking and easy access to anywhere in the city.
Construction of this 29,450 ft² single occupant industrial/office building was completed in 2004. Markedly, a state-of-the-art laboratory facility that is constructed using a steel superstructure and a combination of precast concrete, decorative split faced block, stucco and a liberal amount of glazing. The 12,225 ft² office component which is situated on one level, features exceptionally high-quality finishes with a workmanship to match. The 17,225 ft² of built out laboratory space incorporates a host of specifically technical work stations and equipment that will rival any laboratory on the globe.
The highly advanced air handling systems maintain a sterile environment fitting for the operations of ALS. The building is fully sprinklered and powered by a 1200 amp 600 volt electrical service.
Note: The Edmonton Research Park was established by the City of Edmonton in 1980 with the intention of attracting tenants engaged in research and development, thereby broadening the City’s industrial base. It is a campus-like environment with areas both for thought and reflection and for the exchange of knowledge and ideas. Currently, more than 55 companies and in excess of 1,500 people are based at the ERP. They are engaged in research and development in the areas of medicine, biotechnology, software, petroleum research, cold climate engineering, nanotechnology and clean energy.
Meet the Tenant
ALS Canada Ltd. – The ALS laboratory in Edmonton is a premier full-service organic, inorganic, and industrial hygiene laboratory in Western Canada. As one of the largest laboratories in the ALS Global network, the Edmonton location has been delivering reliable testing services with unsurpassed quality for more than 30 years. Clients include successful organizations across the globe in all sectors of oil and gas industry, government and consulting and engineering.
As one of the largest environmental laboratory networks in the world, ALS has the resources and expertise to meet the analytical needs of any project. ALS provides a full range of environmental testing services, specializing in the analysis of air, soil, sediment, water, and much more. Experienced experts at ALS are ready to provide the reliable data that helps clients make informed decisions about projects.
ALS Canada along with its parent, ALS Global, take great pride in providing personalized solutions and services to each and every one of its clients while maintaining core values of efficiency, safety and diversity in the workplace.
ALS employs over 13,000 people in over 65 countries and is committed to continuing strong, sustainable growth strategies for years to come. ALS Global maintains its market competitiveness with sustained efficiency and social responsibility and trades on the Australian Securities Exchange, ASX: ALQ.
- ALS Building – Edmonton
- Central Distribution Building – Edmonton
- Cervus Equipment Building – Hanna
- Coppertone I Building – Edmonton
- Coppertone II Building – Edmonton
- Coppertone III Building – Edmonton
- Coppertone VII Building – Edmonton
- Coppertone VIII Building – Edmonton
- Day and Ross Crossdock Facility – Edmonton
- Derrick Building – Edmonton
- Dynomax Building – Leduc
- EPCOR Building – Edmonton
- Essential Energy Building – Red Deer
- Independent Supply Building – Edmonton
- MYE Canada Building – Edmonton
- NAIT Distribution Building – Edmonton
- Oliver Crossing – Edmonton
- Rocky Mountain Equipment Building – Vegreville
- Russell Hendrix Building – Edmonton
- Sable Building – Edmonton
- Seaboard Canada Building
- Skyway Canada Building – Edmonton
- Team Industrial Building – Edmonton
- The Capital Business Park – Edmonton
- United Rentals Fort McMurray
- United Rentals Fort Saskatchewan
- Wajax Building – Fort McMurray
- Wajax Building – Edmonton
- Wajax Building – Nisku