205 MacAlpine Crescent, Fort McMurray, AB
Acquired in: 2014
25,000 total sq/ft
6 acres of land
Located near the southern limits of Fort McMurray and along the eastern side of highway 63, lies the Mackenzie Industrial Park. Matured and fully developed, this industrial area of Fort McMurray has played an integral part of the development of the region. Prominently located within the Park is the state of the art and architecturally pleasing Wajax Building. Situated on 6 acres of prime industrial property, the site provides easy access and exposure to and from the two main thoroughfares.
Construction of the Wajax Building was completed in February 2014 with immediate occupancy. The new 25,000 square foot building has a structural steel frame with prefinished exterior metal insulated wall panels. The main reception and office area features a central open staircase accessing its second level that overlooks the rear shop areas. The warehouse/shop areas have a ceiling height of 32 feet to underside of the steel trusses that easily accommodates the four 20 ton cranes. Also included is a roof mounted exhaust and fume extraction system including flexible pipes to supply eight bays. This system is interlocked with a roof mounted makeup air unit.
The building has both dock and grade loading with drive in and drive through capability. The perimeter has a 20 foot concrete apron and surfaced and energized car parking for 26 employee and customer parking. The yard is fully compacted utilizing 12 inches of crushed stone with geotextile fabric between the subgrade and stone. It is completely fenced and meticulously landscaped as well as several concrete equipment display pads along MacAlpine Crescent.
Meet the Tenant
As a leading industrial products and service provider, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries for well over a century and a half. As one of the oldest businesses in Canada, Wajax has played an active role in the development of the country’s infrastructure. Its roots trace back to 1858 when B.J. Coghlin opened a blacksmith shop in Montreal. The business continued to grow steadily in manufacturing and in 1954 it acquired its first mobile equipment subsidiary – a manufacturer of portable pressure pumps by Watson Jack & Co. Limited. With that the brand “Wajax” was born.
Today, Wajax operates more than 100 branches across Canada and represents a wide range of leading world-wide manufacturers. The company continues to expand and acquire additional and highly specialized companies to service the construction, industrial/commercial, transportation, the oil sands, forestry, oil and gas, metal processing, and mining market sectors.
Wajax prides itself on sales and service excellence and their world-class brands and products. The organization ardently attributes its success to the relationships cultivated throughout its customer base, its vendors and within the entire Wajax team.
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Wajax trades under the symbol WJX.
- ALS Building – Edmonton
- Central Distribution Building – Edmonton
- Cervus Equipment Building – Hanna
- Coppertone I Building – Edmonton
- Coppertone II Building – Edmonton
- Coppertone III Building – Edmonton
- Coppertone VII Building – Edmonton
- Coppertone VIII Building – Edmonton
- Day and Ross Crossdock Facility – Edmonton
- Derrick Building – Edmonton
- Dynomax Building – Leduc
- EPCOR Building – Edmonton
- Essential Energy Building – Red Deer
- Independent Supply Building – Edmonton
- MYE Canada Building – Edmonton
- NAIT Distribution Building – Edmonton
- Oliver Crossing – Edmonton
- Rocky Mountain Equipment Building – Vegreville
- Russell Hendrix Building – Edmonton
- Sable Building – Edmonton
- Seaboard Canada Building
- Skyway Canada Building – Edmonton
- Team Industrial Building – Edmonton
- The Capital Business Park – Edmonton
- United Rentals Fort McMurray
- United Rentals Fort Saskatchewan
- Wajax Building – Fort McMurray
- Wajax Building – Nisku